At the gym this morning and got inspired…
If your workout is stuck this article will help you unstuck it (not sure if that is a word).
Anyway here they are.
The 7 Biggggggest mistakes!!
- Working the mouth more than working the muscles! While it is great to chat away at the gym the only results it will produce are sore gums. Bring your ipod and crank up the music. It has clinically been proven working out to intense music increases your benefit. (skinny is good!)
- Not Eating Before! This is by far the worst thing you can do before a workout. Try eating a small meal or snack about 20-30 minutes prior to your workout. This will give you the needed energy to finish up your workout and not crash halfway through!
- Not Strength Training! Walking is good. Running is great. But strength training is the best! Remember every pound of body fat burns 2-3 calories at rest. Every pound of muscle burns 50 calories. Muscle is the lifeline for your metabolism.
- Doing Single Sets! Try super setting different muscles. Muscle confusion is the key to muscle growth and extreme fat loss. Try combining different body parts or try doing a massive drop set. Don’t get stuck in the 8-15 rep range.
- Doing Same Stale Routine! I see this all the time at the gym. The same people doing the same workouts for years and have little or no change. You should change your workout completely every 4-6 weeks. Especially as you get older. Try working weakest muscles at the beginning of the week. Always be on the lookout for new workouts. I just recently switched to a mind-blowing workout called The 300 Workout based on the movie 300 (you can find on Youtube). If you cannot get to the gym try P90X from TV.
- Not Eating After Workout! The single most important meal is the one following your workout. If you wait 20 minutes you just wasted your workout. That’s Right! It was wasted. Have a meal or protein shake that contains at least 20-35 grams of protein in it. Feed the muscle – Lose the fat! (I like this one).
- Not Visualizing Your Workout! It is easy to get distracted and lazy. Visualize yourself as a motivated, fit, and energetic person before you go to the gym. Clear distractions (very important). Use your inner voice and have it tell you to kick butt in the gym today. If you are having trouble with visualizing these changes, programs like my Wired For Weight Loss can help you with this. Here is link to find out more. https://www.markpatrickmedia.com/wired-for-weight-loss/